My Review On Weebly vs WordPress
Important : When i talk about wordpress i mean the .org extension – NOT – the .com extension,there is a link at the bottom of this page explaining the vital differecnces you need to know before you start out !
Most wordpress plugins and themes are completely free the same as many website builders are free, its my mission here to point out the best information I possibly can to educate people on the pro’s and con’s of free and paid services with my weebly vs wordpress review,I myself am familiar with these two types of web builders and i personally class them as the two top web-builders,
I will try help you to learn whats right for your business going forward,I want to help point you in the right direction if you are just starting out in web-building yourself – Or you are paying somebody to do these services for you when you dont really need to if you have the time to learn to do it yourself !
These days web building has been simplified meaning pretty much anybody can build there own website with a small amount of step by step training.
There is so much information on the web things can get a little overwhelming when you are searching online for that one thing you are after finding information on,also there is a lot of miss-information out there which will promise you the earth, look beautifull and probably do absolutely nothink for you or your business!
There are so many website builders it can be hard to choose the right one for yourself!
So i decided to compare these two website builders myself and try them out to help people make the right choice, with so many options it can be a daunting task knowing exactly which way to go,there are also many free alternative to choose from which often come with upsells further down the line of building out your website,
Often the free ones usually want to place adverts of there own on your new website in order to promote themselves! which is the reason why they are free, They usually have a branded domain name extension which is not really what you want to grow your own business online if you want your website to be found in the top results of the search engines.
Here i am going to be covering some of the site builders that i know of and have personally used and let you know what to expect from these platforms once you sign up to them,
The question most people will ask themselves upon joining for free is WHY is it free “whats the catch” as i mentioned above this is usually so they can advertise on your website in the form of banners promoting their website builder for other people to go on to click and join up through your website,
Below i will explain the pros and cons of free web builders and im going to help you choose the right one for you and your business or product.
The Big Question Is, Do All These Free Drag And Drop Websites With A Free Domain Extension Actually Rank In The Search Engines ?
(This is going to depend upon wich one you choose to go with)
Understanding Whats Free ?
Its all well and good advertising a free website but what they dont tell you is your are going to need a hosting provider,this is a web server that will serve your website to viewers/visitors once you have designed it,another thing to be carefull of is poor hosting services that serve your website slowly losing you valuable visitors time after time,think about it if you try load a website and its taking ages to load you will usually click away and look for something else, Right ?
Another thing to think about is your domain name to represent your business,these can usually be bought for around £7 to £10 – I always use namecheap myself because they offer great live support and the dashboard is very simple to use,pointing domains at name servers made simple.
My advice is to go for a dot-com extension as these always rank better in the search engines if you can find one that suits your business model/niche,the next best to a dot com is a .org or a .net,
Most free web builders offer you a free domain extension with your free website which is called a sub-domain,but they dont all stack up to the simple siterubix wordpress.org website builder for many reasons such as,
- They do not advertise on your site with branded baneers etc.
- There are no upsells although there is options to upgrade with absolutely no obligation whatsoever
- They are wordpress powered and DO RANK on sub-domains
These domains are ok to start with but most people including myself usually go on to move your site to your own domain as sub domains do not rank as well in the search engines! Although it has been proven that sub domains on siterubix do rank pretty well.
Its always best to OWN your domain once you have built out your site to a certain degree in my opinion,This will help in search engine rankings and build you as an authority within your niche,show google you are a serious contender within your niche and your here to stay.
WordPress.org / Siterubix web-builder !
( Recommended )
- A company Growing a trusted online presence since 2005.
- Two free for life hosted wordpress.org websites. (On sub-domain/movable).
- Easy move domain feature.
- Move your existing domains to the hosting (Premium)
- Siterubix domain extensions DO RANK in search engines.
- State of the art WEB hosting.
- Full training to build out your website.
- No coding required / simplified website builder.
- Un-hackable wordpress passwords auto generated.
- Access to free keyword tool jaxxy (30 FREE searches).
- Built in keyword tool (premium)
- Community of entreprenuers for 24/7 live help and 1 on 1 support/private messages.
- Premium membership avaliable (host up to 50 websites) and much more/Tools to build your business online.
- Save money on premium membership by upgrading to yearly membership.
- Overwhelming amount of information to take in – (Advised to take a break now and then).
- Can be time consuming in early stages of learning.
- Free access to live chat ends after 7 days (Option to upgrade)
- Only 10 Free lessons to build out your free niche website (option to upgrade for 40 more lessons)
- Only 10 free affiliate bootcamp lessons (option to upgrade for further 40 lessons)
Siterubix was created to build wordpress websites with ease for newbies on a tight budget looking to learn how to create a website for yourself,having a large community talented entreprenuers offering full video training to build it yourself ! (just imagine a facebook full of internet entreprenuers sharing there ideas with each other)
(Im currently building a wordpress site on a siterubix.com sub-domain myself and it is ranking in the search engines already)
The siterubix web builder has a move function which enables you to move your site to your own domain with the click of a button – (Along with a training tutorial to show you exactly how its done).
Siterubix is more than just a website builder,it has state of the art hosting serving your website`s super fast to the visitors who come to your website,
Anybody who builds a website at with siterubix will be joining up to a program called wealthy affiliate to do so,there is much more to be learned as the founders are highly experienced succesful affiliate marketers teaching the basics of growing your own online marketing business empire step by step.
Inside of wealthy affiliate you will be walked through the process of building out your website step by step via 10 video training courses and a whole community of entreprenuers to help you via live chat if you need a hand at any time,
By the end of these courses you will have a fully functional wordpress website of your very own,best of all its FREE to join and allows you to build two free websites within the free membership!
Siterubix Premium Membership!
You will be given the option to go premium with no obligation whatsoever and you can keep your free websites which are also hosted for free forever,
However if you do decide to upgrade you will be unlocking many more features such as a keyword planner,thousands of training tutorials covering every aspect of working online and affiliate marketing,PPC, Google Adsense, Google Webmaster tools, Analytics, Bing, Yahoo, social media marketing, its endless so i am going to place a short video below for you to take a look inside at the website builder.
Please see the video below from a fellow member of wealthy affiliate showing you around the platforms website builder
I am a premium member myself at wealthy affiliate,if you would like to learn more about the platform,training and tools you can find out much more by checking out my other webpage here.
Weebly Drag And Drop Website Builder !
A simplified drag and drop web builder with many great looking themes to choose from to suit your business model, Weebly is again free to start up using a weebly.com sub-domain extension,it does have simplicity although it does have its pros and cons which i will list below,please take a look at the short demonstration video below.
- Easy user freindly drag and drop interface.
- Mobile freindly responsive templates.
- SEO Freindly for paid version (free version no index).
- Google analytics insertion (Track visitors).
- Lightening fast web hosting speeds.
- Top security against hackers / spam.
- Free with no expirey (On Sub-domain).
- No coding required such as HTML or CSS.
- Customer support – (Limited E’mail & Knowledge base for free accounts)
- Personal Blog / Business / Ecommerce options.
- Great for smaller business websites.
- No plugins / Extensions or third party apps for install.
- No way to add custom content (Only within individual pages).
- Difficult to add advanced marketing tools.
- Platform move to CMS eg. WordPress migration very difficult process.
- Not great for larger & growing marketing sites or bloggers.
The Choice Is Yours depending upon your needs,there are many other web-builders out there in which i will test and review in the near future,in my personal opinion i always use wordpress.org which is built in and hosted free with the siterubix site builder i’ve explained above,
The Difference Between WordPress.org And WordPress.com !
Be sure to use the self hosted wordpress.org NOT wordpress.com which is limited in many ways such as themes and plugins,you can find some great need to know detailed information on this here@wpbeginner
I do hope this review on Weebly vs WordPress has been helpfull to those of you who were toying with ideas,I would love to hear your feedback on this or if you have any questions feel free to leave your comments in the comment box provided for you below.